czwartek, 28 sierpnia 2008

Beach hair

Despite the clouds threathening with storm I'm bewitching Summer to stay a bit longer by wearing the shorts I wrote about last time. There's nothing better then distressed cut-offs. Especially when paired with the business-like blazer. I don't know if it was because of the weather or the combination, but the people were giving me looks today. Ok, their problem, not mine:-). I feel good dressed that way. I love wearing blazers, especially when they can be dressed down by combining them with jeans. I just don't like to wear blazers with business pants, that's so not me, but sometimes there's no choice:-).

You have already seen my other cat, the black and white one, now it's the time for the debut of the younger one:-). The blog title obliges:-)





Yesterday I was experimenting with my hair, trying to give them that toussled, messy beach look I love. You know, I'm sure that there was some terrible mistake upstairs. I was supposed to be born in southern California, to live close to the ocean and to enjoy sunshine all year round. I'm like a cat, I need sun to be happy. And the ocean really calmes me down and makes all the problems seem to dissapear. Hmm, maybe one day my dream will come true and we will be able to move to Cali. San Diego will be my city of choice, then:-)

So far all I could do was to try to recreate the look I wanted to have with what I've got on my hands. And it wasn't much, since there aren't any cosmetics available here in Poland, at least as far as I know, that could do that. I did a little bit of Internet research and that was what I've done: I washed my hair the usual way, then picked some strands and scrunched them, then pinned them down with hair clips. Then I blow-dried the hair a bit.

Meanwhile I prepared the mixture of a few teespoons of sea salt and a cup of hot water. I cooled the mixture down, then poured it to the spray bottle. I sprayed the hair a little with it, then reapeated it in the morning.
I know the effect would be much better if I had longer hair, but I like it anyway:-). Next time I will try to sleep with my hair pinned that way to get a stronger effect:-)

Blazer-Spirit
Shorts-Republic
Tank top-H&M
Bag-David Jones

Necklace-the gift from my mother-in-law

30 komentarzy:

  1. I love beach hair and especially that blazer. :) I never would have thought to pair one with denim cut offs, but it looks awesome. I like it a lot!<3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Świetnie wyglądasz. Super torba! Szukam czegoś w tym stylu. Skórzana?
    Nie bardzo kumam, jakie to te "włosy z wody", ale może trzeba po prostu zrobić tak jak nad morzem? Umyć, nie rozczesywać i poczekać aż same wyschną? :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Ryfko, torba kupiona na Allegro, calkiem niedroga:-). Nalezy do moich ukochanych, jest wielka, a ze wzgledu na kolor nalezy do moic ulubionych:-)
    Co do wlsow po plazy, to sa tajkie rozczohrane przez wiatr, zlepione przez sol, stad ja potraktowalam swoje mieszanina wody i soli morskiej:-). Nawet sa slone, maz sprawdzal;-P

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. ale o co chodzi z tymi wystającymi kieszeniami przy spodenkach? to takie zamierzone, ze niby fajnie? nie, to nie wygląda fajnie IMO!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. nigdy nie komentowałam blogów modowych, ale u Ciebie bardzo mi się podoba:) no i też kocham szorty

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Torba faktycznie fajna;) A co się stało tej małej roślince po prawej stronie? Pozdrawiam

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Niestety uschla, kiepska ze mnie ogrodniczka:-(. No i koty ja wciaz podgryzaja.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. no wez, jak to nie ma?
    teraz uzywam wave spray f.fekkai , ale kiedys lubilam surf spray bumble & bumble (do kupienia w galilu).

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. O Fekkai wiedzialam, ale w mojej Sephorze nie mieli. Nie mialam pojecia, ze Surf Spray mozna u nas kupic:-). Dzieki!Co to Galil?

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. bardzo fajne sa takie obciete spodenki, że widać kieszenie :)
    Chociaż w ostatnim Glamur czy In Style czytałam, że nie ucina się tak krótko spodenek :)
    Fryzura fajna ale widac, że nie masz cienkich włsów więc i cięcie widac fajnie.

    ps. fajny taras
    aga.pier

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. Moze sie nie ucina, ale mnie sie marzyly takie w kalifornijskim stylu:-)
    Co do wlosow, to faktycznie po rodzinie odziedziczylam geste wlosy, tyle ze malo podatne na ukladanie, dlatego tak mnie zawsze cieszy, jak udaje sie z nimi cos fajnego zrobic:-).
    A taras jest naprawde fajny:-)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. galilu to taka ą ę perfumeria na krakowskim (w budynku europejskiego) ;). sprzedaja tez w internecie, http://www.galilu.pl/pl/producers/8/Bumble-and-bumble/art/445/surf-spray-125ml
    ale widze, ze chwilowo niedostepny.
    ja najbardziej lubilam taki sprej dwufazowy friedy (piekny zapach), ale nie moge go juz namierzyc.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. drugie zdjęcie z kociakiem przeurocze. bardzo mi się podoba połączenie szorty + szara marynarka. super.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. Bardzo fajna fryzura. W ogóle świetnie wyglądasz.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  15. Your hair looks great! The best thing i can recommend is pinning it in twists (away from your face) while it's wet, and sleeping in it. The other thing is loose braids when it's wet, when you pull them out, you get a really great tousled look. Beach hair or bed hair.. it looks great!
    Have to try the salt water idea, as it's coming into summer now :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  16. great hair! i hope that one day i have the guts to cut it like that :x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  17. Thank you for your compliments about my hair:-). It's the shortest haircut I've had in years and I must say it was good decision:-)

    Dziekuje za mile komentarze:-)

    Co do wystajacych kieszeni przy szortach, to jedyna moja taka para i musze powiedziec, ze nonszalancki efekt mi sie podoba. Innych do tego nie namawiam przeciez;-)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  18. Tak na marginesie, ludzie ktorzy uwazaja, ze obciete w ten sposb spodenki sa fajne- jeden z moich ulubioncyh projektantow i ulubiona modelka:

    http://www.thefashionspot.com/sidewalk-cafe/street-trend-cut-offs-358

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  19. Bardzo twarzowa fryzurka i przeuroczy kociak!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  20. Dziekii serdeczne, kot jest absolutnie slodki:-). Oba moje kocurki na pewno beda sie jeszcze tu pokazywac:-)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  21. And your cat is frankly going to make many jealous persons !!! I really like the cocktail "workingGirlesque" blazer/"BOMBshell-esques" 'cut-off shorts . . . especially with shaped legs like yours !!!!

    A Bientôt, Antoine

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  22. j'adore le short très joli kis!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  23. I'm glad you like it, 'cause that haircut's gonna stay for a while:-). I really love it:-)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  24. love the hair...!! Probably because its almost EXACTLY like mine :P

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  25. miau! super kocio!

    OdpowiedzUsuń